Sunday, September 11, 2005

A visit to Chittagong University


Assalamu Alaikum,
Hope you guys are all doing fine. Life is going on.... quite smoothly here. Don't feel like blogging these days, so I am being really irregular....
...But not when I have something new to share- so today I am going to post some cool pics I have taken on my visit to Chittagong Universtiy. That's the only public university in Chittagong- located in Hathazari, far from the main town. I have some friends studying there, and I heard from them it is a very beautiful place-located in the rural area, with real natural scenic beauty.. we (a bunch of friends) were planning to pay a visit to this place since long, and last Tuesday (6th Sept) we made it. And MY! THAT WAS A DAY!!
First of all, let me surprise you with the story of 'how to get there'... there is special train from main CTG town to the university (I heard this is the only uni in the whole world which has its own separate train station, it's up to you to verify and believe though!) and that is the normal way to get there. There is a train at 7.30 am, but we caught the 8.30 am. And MY!! IT WAS ONE JOURNEY I WILL NEVER FORGET!! Up to you to guess why... o yeah, bhule jacchilam, onekgulu free gan hojom korechi - bajna chara na abar, bajnao chilo- instrument chara natural hater bajna.. shudhu bhabchilam, ei train eto chor thapor kheye etodin beche ache ki kore??!!shotti!! ki bichitro ei desh!!

Hmm.. we reached the university premises at around 9.15 am and its a long walk from there to the main campus and the buildings.... with the blazing sun above our heads, it created a big headache and leg-ache.. we the outcomers were continuously praising the energy of the ones who study there-may Allah keep them as energetic all their life! I had to come back to the main gate to get some ammunition to survive the heat.. and these are the pics I managed to take while on my way back - here you can see the side view of the road from main entrance inwards. This time my friend and I were on a rickshaw-didn't want to fall over the road while having a walk on that looong path again-I really loved this road alot (while with an umbrella over the head)- with hills on both side. The pic didn't come out very well because I was on a moving rickshaw.

I tried to take pictures of natural beauty- no man-made monument/building/structure, purely natural pics, except pictures of a pagoda we visited. Here I am going to post more of those pics, but not all at once... gotta give some gap in blogging.. for some feedback and also cos gotta wait till I can collect some more lot of pics from another part of MY BELOVED SCENIC BANGLADESH. Chalaki ar ki hehehe..

No comments: