Saturday, August 16, 2008

All in one (part 2)

Sorry to be away for so long. I was in the middle of putting up pictures of this wonderful Zia Smriti (Memorial) Complex, also known as Mini Bangladesh (and Anando Bhubon).

Instead of blabbering any more, I better get started with posting pictures:


This is replica of the wonderful historic "Ahsan Manjil", the original one being located in Puran (Ancient) Dhaka. It is a very historic building, which used to be the residence of some "Nowab".
I haven't been to the original, so trying to do some "dudher shad ghole metano" with this.



The replica itself almost resembles the original, even the size of it is almost the size of original ( am no architect to give you the exact figure). You get the proof when you see the rear side of it- even the rear side is so meticulously accurate!


This is the Kantojir Mandir (the size not being so close to the original). You can see the signboard-unfortunately on the ground, which has it's name written on it.

Replica of the Historic Curzon Hall, which is a part of Dhaka University now. Have I been to the original? Can't recall.. Even if I have seen it from a distance, probably it wasn't a sight so memorable.. so I tried to make this sight of the replica memorable. The pic came dark, and I am still wondering whether I took the pic from the right side.. But who cares, lemme put it up on my blog first!

This is the BORO kuthi. There is one CHOTO kuthi as well. The original history is supposed to be something relating to Rabindranath Tagore. But I am not not a History student, so don't ask me more about it.

Oh yeah, it is where you get on the train- that's all I know about BORO kuthi.

And here comes the Choto Kuthi. Not sure what is this one's function in the park. And it's history? umm, err...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaaaam
Great display of Mini BD. Thanks for your sincere endeavor as a Bangladeshi.


'Kantojir Mondir'..is one of the greatest edifice of Bangladesh that has not been focused so much yet.
More closed pix of this architecture are demanded.

Do you have any option to share some of my funniest pix over here??....;) I am dying to show how I posed..

eccentric_human said...

wasalaam

So, Trojan Warrior is back from history, and directly into Bangladesh! Stttunneddd!!!

You can send them to my email address given in my profile and my viewers would be more stunned to see Trojan Warrior in Mini BD!

I am too curious, was there any Helen as well?! ;)