Saturday, August 16, 2008

All in One (Part 4-Ghor/House)

More pics from there:

Another feature of Mini Bangladesh is that it has replica of houses from all parts of Bangladesh:


This, as they say, is a Sylhet house.





And this, a Bogra House


You can see a "shan badhano pukur ghat" in front of this Jeshore house.


The "mother" is making "pitha puli" for her sons in this Khulna house (mothers from other places don't make so??)


In this Pabna house, this lady is selling Pabna special pitha puli (so we can say mothers from Pabna usually make pitha-puli to sell outsiders??... hmmm--- no wonder the only MH of BD is in Pabna....)

A replica of a Rangpur house. (can you see the kobutorer basha [pigeon holes] in front of it?)

Where is the Chittagong house?? Maybe I forgot to take a picture of it, cos I thought it was not representative of Chittagong houses... I can put up a million real pictures of Chittagong houses, also from my own Image gallery... :)

There are more pictures of Mini Bangladesh.. Maybe it will run to Part 5! But for now, I have to stop here..

So, till next time (wonder WHEN it comes though!),

~~Biday~~

5 comments:

Farjana Mahbuba said...

কবুতরের খোপ ওয়ালা রংপুরের ঘরটা পছন্দ হইছে ;)

Umm Aisha said...

Salaams Sister and a late Ramadan Mubarak to you.

It has been a while since I visited your site but each time I do, I am really taken aback by your images.
They are beautiful and truly pleasing to the eye.
Now when my friend talks about Bangladesh, I can imagine the places through your images.

Loved all your previous posts too.
Insha-Allah, will keep popping by for recaps.

Salaams
Umm Aisha

eccentric_human said...

Salam sisters and thanks for taking your time to peep in.
Sorry I am too bad at replying comments.
It's great to hear from you again, sis Aisha. Jazaak Allah for your comments.
I wish I have something new for you when you pop back. I am too bad at new posts!

Nargis said...

I enjoyed viewing your blog about Bangladesh. You've taken some really nice pictures!

Would you mind if I borrowed some pictures for a powerpoint presentation?

Nargis said...

Walaikum Assalam,

Most definitely, that is not a problem at all. I truly enjoyed your blog.

I've noticed you're in Chittagong. We can learn so much from each other.

The slideshow is for a Bangladesh Islamic Cultural Show. It's to show that although we have culture we have religion too and that's something we often forget. And we skip all the beautiful scenery. People think Bangladesh is only poor and falling apart from the floods. But it's breath-taking.

Best of wishes.
Thanks for sharing!

Jazakallah khairan